Pages

Thursday, 30 June 2016

"God" help us?


If there is a God or Allah, or whatever you to choose to believe in, then "He" has certainly got it in for Turkey at the moment.

I don't need to give you a list of everything that's been thrown at us over the past year or so.  If you read the papers or you are on Facebook, then you already know.  And it doesn't seem to be getting any better.  

It must be hard for those who have faith in something/someone they can't see or touch to carry on believing that to pray will save them.  They will tell you that it's not "his" fault.  It's human beings that create this chaos.  Well of course it is.

This beautiful country and it's warm and welcoming people are suffering.  Their indomitable spirit is being eroded bit by bit.

Tourism has taken the biggest hit because people are too afraid to come here.  It's understandable of course, but if they choose to go somewhere else for their holidays they are just as much at risk.  Nowhere is entirely safe.

Those who work in tourism have a few months to earn what they can to support their families throughout the rest of the year.  My husband is one of them, but I consider us to be better off than a lot of others.  We live rent free in a house owned by my father-in-law, and I have my state pension to subsidise us, which is just as well as my husband has recently been laid off from his job and is now in a different area with a similar position.  But still there are few tourists, so little chance of earning money.  I feel for those whose families who have no other income other than that provided by their men working in tourism.

This latest atrocity at Istanbul Airport would seem to be the final nail in the coffin.  My thoughts (but not prayers) are with those who have lost loved ones yet again from an act of terrorism.

Most of the blame has to lie at the feet of the one running the country, but of course I am not going to say anything more about that.  Those who live here know exactly what I mean.   I'll keep my mouth shut...we no longer have freedom of speech.

The world is changing...and not for the better.  Leaders everywhere seem to have little concern for the people of their countries.   Their interest is solely about power and control.  We are seeing so much hatred and prejudice.  

Love is the only way forward.  Unconditional love for our fellow man.  Hate never wins.

 






8 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the shooting down of the Russian jet has put paid to the tourist trade this year, especially in Antalya where they always had a large amount of Russian tourists. Yes, much of the blame can be laid at the door of the Turkish dictator for the woes that Turkey and its innocent people are currently suffering. As for the sending of prayers that those of 'faith' write about, I cannot help but feel once they smugly type 'sending prayers', they feel they have done their bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Val. Words are of little value unless they are followed by actions. It's a pity the apology for the shooting of the Russian hadn't happened a lot sooner...too little too late.

      Delete
  2. It's all caused by wicked men. We can't blame God/Allah for what is happening.

    We're all in turmoil in this country (politically speaking). I hope our situation won't affect you in any way.
    Let's keep praying for peace! A lot of that has to do with whether mankind will help to achieve this because that is the way prayer works.
    Hugs,
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie I don't want anyone to be offended by my post but I am an atheist and don't believe in the power of prayer. However, I do respect others beliefs and in some way envy that faith. It must be comforting. So continue to pray Maggie...and I will continue to hope that eventually we achieve peace. Hugs back at you xxx

      Delete
  3. Our Turkish friends in France have changed their plans...all the sons working abroad had put their money into building houses for their retirement back in Turkey: now they are looking for ways to bring their families to France given the political situationin the land they thought of as home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame but it doesn't surprise me and maybe it's for the best. Kaya is now on his second job of the season. He's only been there for 8 days and it looks very much like this one is going to fold too. He realises that tourism is finished, but finding something else is going to be difficult.

      Delete
  4. And yet still new hotels are being built . I know looking for logic in Turkey will turn us bonkers but ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the Turkish optimism or just stupidity? The existing hotels are almost empty. Kaya's job has finished today and he's on his way back as I write. What next? Who knows?

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x